Saturday, April 30, 2011

My Top 10 Harry Potter Characters #7: Peeves

It's a shame the joking ghost was cut from the movies entirely. 
It's also hard to find a official image of Peeves. He changes a lot when media shifts from books to video games. When I read the books, the characters look just like the movies in my mind, so I had to use my imagination for Peeves. I think my mental image is probably closest to the top image.
Regardless of looks, Peeves is such a great character. His main goal is to cause trouble, and besides Dumbledore and the Bloody Baron, Peeves listens to hardly nobody most of the time.
I think one of my favorite moments was when he borrowed a cane from a professor so he could torment Dolores Umbridge.  
I also liked when he calls Harry "Potty" and started saying "Potty lurves Loony" when Harry invited Luna Lovegood to Slughorn's party as friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment