Thursday, September 29, 2011

Watched X-Men: First Class (2011 Film)

Watched the DVD tonight, and it was awesome. It goes all the way back to the beginning of the X-Men well even before that. 
It's pretty weird to see (but in a cool way) a lot of the characters we came to know and love. I think the best character in the movie was James McAvoy as Charles Xavier. He didn't remind me much of the old Professor X, however he had his own charm, and I enjoyed his witty remarks about his future self near the end of the movie. 
I think the best part of the movie is the friendship between the younger versions of Charles Xavier and Magneto. 
The other X-Men are pretty much the ones that never get mentioned or shown in most movies or TV shows. An interesting take I suppose, but was Iceman too hard to ask for?
It's action packed, very humorous, and one of the best superhero movies based on a classic comic series in a long time. 

8 comments:

  1. Professor X was such a boss in this movie. You're right about him being the best character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched this one but it was not so good :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dunno. I was thinking of seeing this. Looks cool enough. And I love comic based movies.
    But I never grew in love with X- men.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard a lot of good things about this movie as opposed to some of the earlier ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't like it very much, i don't even like x-men really and i'm not sure why i even watched it hahahah

    ReplyDelete