Saturday, October 22, 2011

Centipede (PS1) Review

I've never really played the game in the arcades, or ever to be a matter of fact. My girlfriend's brother had a copy of this, so I decided to try it out to see if it was any good. 
Like I said, the PS1 game is based on the classic arcade game. It even includes a copy of the original, just incase you want to play that. I neat little extra, though it is a bit expected. If not just plain mandatory to include. I put some time into it, and it's not half bad, but it does get boring quick. 
Which I guess is fair to say about the PS1 version as well. It remakes the game with 3D graphics, new modes, a few new gameplay features, etc. The point of all the levels is to beat wave after wave of centipedes until you reach the end of the stage. 
Which is a bit boring to do the same mindless chore again and again. Combine that with stiff controls, and muddy graphics, and you got yourself a pathetic excuse for a game. Hardcore Centipede fans might be interested, however most gamers wouldn't give this a second look. 

Score: 3 out of 10

1 comment:

  1. Nice review.. it makes clear to people to stay away from this one. Actually i'm quite optimistic about the new remake that comes out this winter in Wii and 3DS..

    ReplyDelete