Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Look Into Video Games: Raichu


Raichu is the evolved form of Pikachu from the original Pokemon games. Even though the anime made you feel bad for evolving your Pikachu, I did so with no regrets. 
 Speaking of the anime, that episode with Lt. Surge's Raichu was great. Ash's Pikachu was no match until wait... a little training. Eh I'm just going to let my pokemon evolve.
They kept Raichu's name the same in the English versions from the Japanese original. The "Rai" comes from 雷 (Rai) a Japanese word for thunder. While "Chu" comes from チューチュー (chuchu) a Japanese onomatopoeia for squeaking.

4 comments:

  1. You changed the look of your blog?? Nicee :) N I used to watch Pikachu/Pokemon all day with my brother.. Too cute.. It's game wud be cuter :)

    N u shud deftnly watch Moneyball.. if ur a Brad Pitt fan.. it's more of a 'words' movie than an action-oriented one!! Nice one though :)

    Come see my New post.. <3
    Love
    Akanksha

    ReplyDelete
  2. so his name was "thunder squeek" ? thats pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to watch pokemon all the time, now not so much I just rhyme.

    ReplyDelete