Thursday, March 22, 2012

My (Not So) Favorite Memories: Ft. Sumter Boat Ride


When my brother Steven used to live in Charleston, SC we used to go to all sorts of places within the city. Off the coast there's an island where a fort was built. During the civil war Fort Sumter was the first place where it all got started. So it has a lot of historical value for those who wish to visit. Just be warned, the boat ride there is pretty painful. You get on this medium sized boat, and you can literally feel every wave that goes underneath the ship. Also the first time when I knew what sea-sickness was first-hand, because I almost threw up.


11 comments:

  1. Looks like the guy from Trainspotting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an eventful trip you had Adam!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time, throw up on a Yankee. "The South Will Rise Again" has more than one meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuck! Sea sickness sucks. Fortunately, I have a strong stomach :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sea and I are not good friends. I worry about the monsters of the unfathomable depths.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charleston, S.C. is on my "Would Like to Go There Someday" list. But I shall heed your warning as to the boat ride to Fort Sumter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting and love the picture.
    Adam, you may need to look into your blog setup and design, I am not able to login in my mobile or in other browsers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel sea sick already...lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice picture and yucky! That's bad i feel sick






    (JK)

    ReplyDelete