Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Look Into Video Games: Gyarados


Gyarados is a pokemon from the original 150. His first form of Magikarp might suck, but he's one of the best water pokemon you can get. He's been one of my personal favorites for years.  

 

I was really happy to receive him as a card. Not the rarest one you can find, but a proud moment in childhood.  


Gyarados's original Japanese name ギャラドス (Gyaradosu) is pretty much the same. It's believed to be derived from 虐殺 (Gyakusatsu) which means "massacre" referring to Gyarados' violent nature in the game's summary.

2 comments:

  1. Gyarados is one of the most badass of the 150. I think I had both cards one with the blue background and one with the black. There were 2 different versions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gyarados have always been in my final team in the first few games, since he have a good set of moves and is pretty powerful too. This changed during the 3rd Generation when better Pokemons were added.

    ReplyDelete