Sunday, May 20, 2012

Things I Hate: Megaman Network Transmission

 I remember when this hit the Gamecube back in 2003, but I didn't get it until much later on. I liked the Battle Network games on GBA even though I never come close to finishing them. So this spin-off was to mix the Battle Network series with the classic Megaman gameplay.
Which basically meant you jumped and shot laser blasts along with the special cards from Battle Network. It didn't mesh together perfectly, but it was an alright system.
Probably would've been a good game if it wasn't harder as a diamond. The Megaman X games had some tough levels but they're a cakewalk compared to this baby. Which is kinda weird since I'm sure this marketed towards a younger audience. I sometimes wonder what Capcom thinks sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds disappointing. I loved the Battle Network GBA games too, but I never beat them either haha. I always wanted a home console version when I was a kid, for some reason. Shame that it clearly didn't work out too well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only got to finish the first Battle Network game. I played the 2nd one midway but I lost motivation since it kinda felt like replaying the 1st one.

    ReplyDelete