Monday, September 24, 2012

A Look Into Video Games: Tetris 64

 As a huge fan of Tetris, I can't believe I haven't heard of Tetris 64 until recently. Despite being in English, the game never made it to America or Europe but stayed in Japan.
 The game might look like a standard Tetris version, but it did include super-huge blocks which could change the gamplay up a good bit. Most notably was its 4-player multiplayer mode which was one of the first puzzle games to feature so many players at once. Something of a big-deal back then, but today most Tetris games include 4 player modes. 
I don't know how well gamers in Japan liked Tetris 64, but it looks rather intriguing. I really want to try playing a marathon with the mega Tetris blocks. Oh well I guess it will never happen.  

6 comments:

  1. I didn't even know there was an n64 version

    ReplyDelete
  2. the most simple and awesome game ever... every arcade site has one! and everybody is trying the highscore

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice game :) and play more hello kitty games here for your entertainment. this is the game childhood, but with a different design.

    ReplyDelete