Saturday, May 25, 2013

My Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) Impressions

 As many of you know, Mario is one of my favorite video game series ever. Since the original Super Mario Bros. I've been jumping over cliffs and defeating Bowser more times than you can count. I got a 3DS not terribly long ago, and outside Mario Kart 7 and a few Virtual Console games I don't have much for it. So I decided to get Super Mario 3D Land which was Mario's first adventure for the handheld.
 I was debating on whether to get this first or New Super Mario Bros. 2. But since Super Mario 3D Land is more unique, I decided to give it the first try. It actually mixes the 3D game-play originating from Super Mario 64 with the 2D game-play which started with Super Mario Bros. 
 It actually works quite well so far. It switches back and forth between sections of levels so it adds a bit of variety. I only got two of the power-ups so far (fire-flower and tanooki) but I hear they're are brand new ones so I'm interested to see what kind of powers I'll be able to use. 
I just finished the first world, and I have to say I'm really enjoying my adventure so far. I'm hoping the next seven worlds offer even more imagination and challenge until I face the true Bowser at the final castle. 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like it is another good mario game

    ReplyDelete
  2. The graphics are pretty good for a handheld. Honestly, 10 years ago they weren't even half as good as this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, 2d mario won't work for new generation gamers so better be 3d

    ReplyDelete