Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Things I Hate: Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July

 I remember seeing Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July as a kid. Not only would they show it during Christmas time, but obviously in July as well. While I loved both Rudolph's and Frosty's original movies, this Christmas duo's movie was terrible.
 The story starts off with some evil wizard named Winterbolt. I can't exactly remember what his evil plans were but it was something about getting revenge on Santa. Apparently only Rudolph is capable of stopping the evil magician. Frosty and his family get pulled into the conflict. 
 One of the reasons why I didn't like this movie is the fact Frosty and his wife can survive the summer heat. Sure they explained it with magic, but it looked so out of place. Kinda like celebrating Christmas in July. Also that circus setting was just strange. 
Looking back I can obviously see this was a rather lazy attempt to recapture the success from the original movies. There's little I like about Christmas in July, as I thought the animation style was hideous, the story boring, and it's original characters horrendous. Needless to say I never looked forward to seeing it again whether in summer or winter. 

13 comments:

  1. Frosty has a wife!!??
    Oh, must be the snowballs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...I've never seen this, but it does sound horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would make an excellent movie critic. I do not want to even think about Christmas now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being grandmother to 10 grands, I am totally surprised that I;ve never even HEARD of this....we all love Frosty..but in December, thank you very much. :)
    Thanks for coming by today...
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen that one. I LOVE both Rudolph and Frosty, so don't know how I missed this one. If you say it's that bad, I won't watch it though. I did see Frosty 2 and that was the SUCKIEST movie EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My brother and I loved it. We would watched it over and over. What's there not to like? Evil wizard, Rudolph losing his powers, Frosty and his wife. You forgot his kids, Chilly and Willy? Don't remember but found this for anyone who wants to watch it. They even had the original voices from the other movies. here is the link: https://archive.org/details/RudolphAndFrostysChristmasInJuly

    ReplyDelete