Sunday, September 1, 2013

My August 2013 Favorites

 While August flew by rather quickly I did manage to watch some decent movies, and played a really awesome video game.
Favorite Movie: Silver Linings Playbook 
 I originally had heard about Silver Linings due to it's Oscar nominations and the Oscar win for Jennifer Lawrence. It's a wonderful comedy/drama about a man recovering from a mental breakdown who heals by countering his personality with someone almost as crazy. 

Favorite Video Game: Animal Crossing: New Leaf
I was one of the biggest fans of the original Animal Crossing on Gamecube, and now over a decade later I'm still impressed by the latest sequel New Leaf. Not only does it let you become Mayor of your town, but so many additions and improvements make it still one of Nintendo's best series. 

11 comments:

  1. Im not a gamer, but that is a good film......


    Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Silver linings too! Kisses, Adam:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see a movie. I haven't seen one since Lincoln. Pitiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah? The last I saw was '"The Heat."
      Now THAT'S depressing.
      I also saw "Lincoln."
      It was a great movie.
      Even though I knew how it ended.

      Delete
  4. I also liked the Silver Linings Playbook!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    P.S.: Thanks for your sweet comment on my last post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to try Animal Crossing, it must be so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Silver Linings Playbook" was awesome! One of my favorite movies this year! As for video games, I'm lucky if I can squeeze in a game of Bejeweled! LOL! Have a good week Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well now, isn't this depressing? Here it is, September 1st and I'm wondering, "What just happened?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still haven't seen Silver Linings. Been catching up on old seasons of Dexter, then I have a ton of real movies to catch up on.

    ReplyDelete