Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Fact of the Day: Royal House

In many monarchies, there are royal houses which typically represent a line of family members closely related. When the British Queen Anne died, the House of Stuart changed to the House of Hanover because her distant cousin George I obtained the throne. The House lasted until Queen Victoria's death, even though her son became King. Edward VII's father's royal house of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha replaced the House of Hanover. Edward VII's house's name would change again one generation later to the House of Windsor after tense British-German relations during World War I. 

17 comments:

  1. I would love to learn more about this time period. Especially since I've begun watching Game of Thrones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fact Adam. I didn't know all the details but do now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Germans, no matter where you look :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I have a friend who's really interested in stuff like this. I'll tell him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Change and rearrange, never knew that one

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post.

    I hope you will visit my blog:

    http://perfection-and-harmony.blogspot.com

    and maybe follow if U like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great little history lesson today :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting Adam. I like this type of historical facts. Kisses:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually, my favorite was the House of Pancakes. They were kind of overbearing snobs, but they had all these different types of syrups!

    ReplyDelete