Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Vacation (1989 Film) Review

 I had seen the original Vacation movie and Vegas Vacation many years ago, but I had never seen the Christmas sequel. I thought the other two movies were really funny, but for some reason I never saw this Christmas classic until now.
 The movie is yet again another adventure of the Griswold family, and unlike the other films they really don't go anywhere. They really spend Christmas break, and try to make it the best holiday ever. Except the dad Clark makes plenty of goofy mistakes. Like getting a Christmas tree larger than their living room and getting stuck in the attic. 
 The Griswolds also have to spend time with their family members for the holiday. Including both sides of grandparents, their crazy aunt and uncle, and worthless Cousin Eddie and his family. The Griswolds learn that everything that can go wrong, will go wrong before "Santa" arrives. 
Overall I found Christmas Vacation to be very funny. I can see why it's regraded as a Christmas classic. I did think the later half could of been a lot funnier, but it's still one of the best comedies for the Christmas holiday. 

9 comments:

  1. Geez, you waited a while to watch this one, good one indeed

    ReplyDelete

  2. Happy Holidays, my love *_*

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horrible Cousin Eddie is my fave. He reminds me of my relatives, only funnier because he's not actually my relative. You know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to watch this movie at least 5 times during the holidays. It's a classic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen this CC movie, but I have loved the Vacation and Vegas ones a number of times. My dad once cut a Christmas tree almost two stories high. When he leaned it against the wall, it stretched almost above the upstairs bathroom window! I was only six, but I still remember how funny it was! Poor Dad! Take care, Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't say I've seen any of the Vacation movies myself :<

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a good Christmas Movie!

    ReplyDelete