Friday, January 31, 2014

Letters to Juliet (2010 Film) Review

While I don't watch every movie that Daisy chooses, I wasn't surprised to see Letters to Juliet. While I haven't really heard of the movie, it has Amanda Seyfried in the leading role. Daisy and I loved Seyfried in Veronica Mars and Les Miserables. I wasn't sure if I would even like Letters to Juliet but it really surprised me.
The plot begins with a young woman named Sophie Hall who has traveled to Verona, Italy with her fiance for a pre-honeymoon. While in Italy she noticed a wall of letters but doesn't know the reason. She finds out that women from all over the world leave them there for "Juliet" to respond. She finds a letter from over fifty years ago, and decides to see if the author ever found happiness or not. 
To her astonishment, the woman is still alive and decides it was a good idea to find her lost love. Her grandson Charlie helps her in Italy even though he believes the whole idea is just non-sense. Being fascinated with her story, Sophie begs Claire to let her assist them in finding her Lorenzo Bartolini. Except that will be easier said than done. 
I often think romantic dramas can be a little boring, but I really enjoyed Letters to Juliet. While I really liked Seyfriend and her role as Sophie, I really enjoyed the love story between Claire Smith-Wyman and her Lorenzo Bartolini. It's wonderful to be pleasantly surprised by a film. 

9 comments:

  1. I like when I watch a movie and it turns out to be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen tis movie but I've been to Verona and seen this wall of letters. I think 60 Minutes did a story about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun!!! I did see this film a while ago. I rather enjoyed it too. I didn't realize it was the same actress in Les Miserables. To be honest, I'm more a Eponine fan than a Cosette fan, but she was fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It´s a beautiful film. I watched it! Kisses:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the film too. Chris Egan from the film will soon play in SyFy's new series DOMINION

    ReplyDelete
  6. We enjoyed this movie too, but we went to see the great Vanessa Redgrave!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this one too. It wasn't overly sappy. Nice storyline too!

    ReplyDelete