Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My Favorite Photos: Valentines Day Party at UU Church

 As I mentioned before Daisy and I go to a Unitarian Universalist Church, and on Valentines Day they had a special event. It started with our minister offering commitment ceremonies for any LGBT couples (the UU church is very socially-liberal) who happened to be there as marriage equality has not reached South Carolina yet. After that there was songs and a sermon.
Then finally the Valentines party with a dance. One of our members made this wedding-style cake for the party. I haven't had wedding cake in a long time, and it is quite different from regular cake. Especially the icing, which was very dense and tough. 

15 comments:

  1. What a fun party for the church to throw. Must have been the fondant you were finding tough on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to celebrate VDay:) And cake makes everything more awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have never heard of the Church but that's expected living where I do.
    The cake looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ! I did not know Valentines day already passed !

    ReplyDelete
  5. valentine's day - church - LGBT - wedding . Something is odd and out of place here. I never knew these could go together. :)
    Cake looks lovely Adam and also Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a nice church with modern ideas. I love any kind of cake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that icing was probably the fondant paste :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always nice to see Daisy and I like your UU Church for its non-judgmental ways.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice! cake with a challenge huh? :D
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like lovely fun for you and Daisy.

    ReplyDelete