Sunday, February 16, 2014

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS) Review

The original New Super Mario Bros. was a good game for the original DS. Though it was a little plain and ridiculously easy. New Super Mario Bros. Wii was much better with challenging levels and plenty of innovative additions. As a Mario fan playing this was inevitable.
Like it's predecessors, New Super Mario Bros. 2 is a modern take on the classic 2D Mario games. The Koopalings (from Super Mario Bros. 3/Super Mario World) have taken Princess Peach and it's up to Mario (and Luigi) to save her. 
I'm really surprised to see very few new additions for New Super Mario Bros. 2. The only thing I noticed was the golden flower power-up which makes you almost "Super" Mario without a defense. Though I admire the game's many secret levels and worlds, except many of them are too obvious that they're there. 
Though unlike other Mario games, I didn't have too terribly much motivation to find all the game's secret levels. Like the original DS game, there isn't much challenge to the game at all either. While it's fun, it certainly doesn't hold a candle to the original Super Mario Bros. games. 

Score: 8 out of 10

5 comments:

  1. My wife was a Mario Bros fan when she was a kid.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing can hold a candle to the original, but I bet my daughter will like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so not a gamer! LOL! Bejeweled Blitz is my speed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They never seem to hold up to the original

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see myself playing this with my son. Such a neat game.

    ReplyDelete