Monday, February 3, 2014

The Lone Ranger (2013 Film) Review

While I knew who the Lone Ranger was long before this movie came out last year, the character really hasn't been relevant in a long time. I had heard of the movie in 2013 but didn't like how Johnny Depp's character Tonto looked and acted too much like his other character Jack Sparrow. So I waited until now to see it.
The plot begins with the honest lawyer John Reid taking a trip on a train. The train coincidentally was transporting the notorious outlaw Butch Cavendish. Butch's friends manage to free him despite Reid attempting to bring him back to justice. John's brother Dan happens to be a Texas ranger and asks his brother to help him find Cavendish.  
Sadly Cavendish and his friends gain the upper-hand on the Texas Rangers and they leave victorious. A Native American named Tonto finds the dying John and Dan afterwards and the spirit horse chooses John to be a spirit warrior. While Tonto believed Dan to be the better of the brothers, he uses magic to revive John back to the land of the living. Reid then becomes the Lone Ranger and they form a friendship to defeat Cavendish once and for all. 
While I heard the movie did poorly with critics, I thought it was fairly good film. Tonto turned out to be a lot less like Jack Sparrow than I imagined which is good. The story had plenty of surprises, and I really liked the villains. It should have been a shorter film as some of the story was a bit boring, but it deserves a second chance from all the negative things people have said about it.  

8 comments:

  1. It was a decent film, better than the critics made it out to be

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have yet to watch it, but I hear as you say it isn't that bad

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made me reconsider seeing this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have watched this one, its a D for me :(
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually may see this finally. The bad reviews prevented me from seeing it when it was out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Adam! My brother, SIL, and I went to see this movie when it was in the theaters, We thoroughly enjoyed it! I thought the critics were way off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard nothing but good things about this movie from friends. I tend to not agree with what the critics say, so I will be catching this one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great movie! Nice blog you have.

    ReplyDelete