Thursday, February 27, 2014

Valentine's Day (2010 Film) Review

While I had heard of the movie awhile back, my fiancee Daisy had originally wanted to see this on the actual day this year. For reasons we couldn't control, we had to wait a little bit. I'm not terribly interested in romantic comedies, and with so many people in this movie I wasn't too sure what it would even be like.
With many notable actors in the movie, the plot has many different characters who are loosely connected. The most important are Reed Bennett, a florist who just got engaged, and his friend Julia Fitzpatrick who is in love with her boyfriend who happens to be a doctor. Though their day isn't perfect as Bennett's new fiancee leaves him immediately and Julia learns that her boyfriend isn't the person she thought he was. 
Though there plenty of other people who have very different ways to celebrate Valentines Day. Like a Army Captain who gets to return home for just a day, two ridiculous high school sweethearts, an aging married couple, and much more. Then you also have a few people who just literally hate the holiday. 
Overall Valentine's Day was a good bit better than I expected but it wasn't particularly awesome either. While a lot of the stories are good, it's just too much quantity and not enough quality. I enjoyed it, but I can see this movie being really forgettable in a few years. 

15 comments:

  1. Too much quantity is always a problem when the cast consists of the entire population of the entire planet earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words on my blog, they sweetened my day!
    Yeah, the cast is probably the only thing that draws people into the cinema with this one...!

    Have a great week,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this film awhile back but can't recall much about it. Guess it didn't make much of an impression.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valentine's Day is quite a cute film, but I agree with you, the characters I liked didn't have as much time spent on them as I hoped. It's an OK film, good for a night I think. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't seen it. I am too fussy when it comes to films. No one to me is 'a star', they are ordinary people who have a talent for acting, some better than others :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Skipped this one, sounds like it was a good call

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah not one that sticks in your mind

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have been to a movies in so many years. Just not made the way I like them. You will find you have to comprise when you are engaged or married.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good review. I liked "Love actually" and even the sleazy one "Movie 43" with star cast but "valentine's day" came off little off everywhere. No memorable stories or something that would stick out. They had Jen Garner, Brad Cooper and Jessica - excellent cast but with less to nothing script.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Havent seen the film. But good for you and Daisy. Love bonding:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the review, Adam. Sounds like a date movie. I'm going to check Netflix. I have a feeling my husband won't jump at seeing it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've watch this film last year on Valentines day. Nice movie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always like films with multiple stories and ensemble cast

    ReplyDelete
  14. it is a beautiful film . I enjoyed very much. My favourite character was Jennifer Garner and I remember I hated Jessica Alba. Kisses:)

    ReplyDelete