Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Gravity (2013 Film) Review

 While I knew of Gravity last year, I sadly never got to see it in theaters. My fiancee Daisy had suggested we watch it as she was fascinated that it was about astronauts. I heard the superb praise from critics, and saw how close it was from getting the Oscar for Best Picture. I have to say Gravity is one of the 2013's best films.
 The story begins with a team of astronauts doing routine work. They get a notice of moving debris from a Russian satellite, and when it causes a chain reaction of more debris; things get chaotic. Their ship is destroyed and only two astronauts are left when things settle down. 
 Things don't look good for veteran astronaut Matt Kowalski and rookie Ryan Stone. Using a jet-pack Matt saves Ryan from floating helplessly in space. They stay together using a tether, but with limited time they decide to travel to the International Space Station nearby in hopes that they can use something there to get back to Earth. 
While I personally dislike a lot of tragedy in movies, I loved Gravity. While many say this every decade, the special effects look so good that it seems so realistic. The movie moves like a roller-coaster almost, and you never know what will happen next. I can easily see why it was so highly praised. 

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice movie thanks for the review!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I was the only one who got bored and stopped the film before it was finished; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I died laughing when one of my friends complained Gravity was "so much about space". What was she expecting? No idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't see it in the cinema neither but I would like to see it at home. Good review. Kisses:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't rate this movie as highly as many of the critics, but I will say this is the best use of 3-D I've seen so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, now I wish I would have saw it in 3D at the theater. While we have a 3D tv, it just doesn't look as cool at home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen it yet. I am very curious after reading all the comments. Greetings from the Netherlands, Joke

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this movie last weekend and I really like it. Pictures are wonderful !
    I will see it in 3D very soon :)

    ReplyDelete