Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Church Challenges NC In Favor of Marriage Equality

Like most of the South, North Carolina is not for marriage equality yet. But I was glad to see the United Church of Christ (a very socially-liberal branch of Christianity) challenge North Carolina as they wish to marry all couples regardless of if both persons are of the same gender or not. Saying it violates (and I believe it does) their 1st amendment rights to do so. Conservatives have long hid under the excuse of "religious freedom" but I wonder what they can say about this actual case of religious freedom.  

9 comments:

  1. The United Church of Christ is setting a good example. I applaud them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Denise. Good for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what the bible says about it?...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is was written by traditional men? ;)

      Delete
  4. Isn't that an interesting twist on the marriage equality issue! Go, UCC, go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Discrimination of gays is the last government sanctioned prejudice in America, and this, too, will eventually fall, no matter what the conservatives have to say about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I applaud it too. God is blind to our petty differences.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It´s great to hear that! Very good news .I liked very much your new "face". Beautiful sky. Kisses:)

    ReplyDelete