Sunday, July 13, 2014

Once Upon a Time (TV Series) Season 1 Review

 I had heard about Once Upon a Time for awhile now, but didn't give it much thought until recently. My mother really enjoyed the show and I heard that the Frozen princesses Elsa and Anna would appear on the show in a new season which was the main reason I wanted to see it.  The premise of the show is that fairy tale characters (and other famous stories) were taken from their world and now live in a small town in Maine.
 The story begins with a woman named Emma Swan, and one day a boy named Henry finds her. She is shocked to find out that Henry was the son she gave up for adoption ten years ago. Though she isn't ready to be any kind of mother, she decides to drive him back to his home in Maine from Boston. 
She arrives in Storybrooke, Maine, and meets Henry's adoptive mother Regina. Henry tells Emma something unbelievable, that all the people who live in Storybrooke are all story book characters affected by an evil curse. Nobody can remember their old life, and time never seems to go forward. Emma sees Henry's book that says she is the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming who is suppose to save everyone from the curse. However Henry's adoptive mother Regina is the Evil Queen who was behind it all. 
After watching the first season, I can certainly see why my mother adored the show. I really liked the back-and-forth scenes between reality in Maine and the past of the magical world. While all the main characters (and their actors) are terrific, my favorite by far is Robert Carlyle as Rumpelstiltskin and his alter ego Mr. Gold. Now I'm really interested to see Elsa and Anna appear in Once Upon a Time. 

9 comments:

  1. cool!
    http://afinaskaterblogspotcom.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy sunday Adam! Lucy www.tpinkcarpet.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my sis watches this show, and she keeps telling me to tune in. The premise does sound good:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I need to find these and watch too! It sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've wondered if this was any good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liked season 3 the best so far at my sand bar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're enjoying this series. I hope you're having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started watching this one on Netflix recently because I saw they were going to have some kind of Wizard of Oz plot line in season 3. I really do love this show now!

    ReplyDelete