Monday, August 4, 2014

Funny Story: BB Bonding

My brother Brandon was my father's favorite child (mainly due to being the first-born son), but he once did something that probably made my dad mad before I was born. While I consider myself to be the anti-thesis of what a southern is portrayed, in the 80's I hear my parents acted like a bunch of rednecks. One day on the front porch my mother went back inside to get something, but before she left she pumped a BB rifle full of air and left it to the side. While she swears she doesn't understand why she would do such a thing, she sure remembers what happened next.
Right before she went back outside, she heard my father scream a curse with her name attached. A BB hit my dad straight in the leg, and he knew the other person responsible. It was brother Brandon, who was barely a toddler at the time. If my father was still alive, I have to wonder how fondly he would remember the story. 

11 comments:

  1. LOL My brother got mad at me one day and shot me in the read end with the BB gun. Thankfully my pants stopped it from actually going in my skin. But I was madder than hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha....that's priceless. That's something my boys would do, and they're older! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can assure you he would not have a happy memory of it. Seems we all tend to remember the bad things more than the good. Mary(that left you a comment) has my last name before I married.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It wouldn't be his best memory, but he'd probably find some humour in it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kids made crazy things and adults too:)
    Love this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! I am sure he could laugh about it now, but back then, I can see where he wouldn't find it so humorous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your family lore with us, friend Adam


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>

    ReplyDelete
  8. ouch, that would hurt!! Beautiful photo,

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can't blame a toddler if someone leaves a loaded gun around. I imagine being shot was painful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. First off, Adam, my friend...parents seldom have a "favorite" child...first born or not.
    God gives us so much love, that we love each of our kids the same and could never pick a favorite. .....just sayin'.

    Gosh, to be shot by ANYthing must hurt...

    ReplyDelete