Sunday, August 24, 2014

Sad Story: Drama Before Class

I remember this moment in 9th grade as one of the most unbelievable yet true moments of my life. Right before social studies class started, one of our class-mates (who I didn't consider a close friend) was shaking with fear. He said one of the other guys in our class got mad at him at lunch (apparently over something childish) and was going to wait to unleash his rage. At the time I didn't quite take him seriously, I assumed it was just paranoia. Our teacher for one was only a few feet away in the hallway. Well that's until Daniel walked into the room.

Daniel was not the strongest person I've ever known, but he wasn't a wuss. As soon as he got into the room, the other kid didn't stand a chance. Daniel was ruthless until he showed mercy and stopped. All we could do was watch in disbelief. Daniel sat back down, and so did the other kid. This ironcially all happened with rather little noise, but it didn't take long for the teacher to ask questions when he saw our classmate literally crying his emotions. In the end Daniel never came back to school (for obvious reasons), but neither did the other guy. I never knew the full-story but I figure this incident caused him to either be home-schooled or he moved away. 

10 comments:

  1. So sad to hear that. I remember everyone gathering around in the hallway to watch a fist fight. It rarely happened, but I hated to see it when it did. Words can hurt much more than fists, though...and sometimes the embarrassment is the worst part of something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really felt for your friend Adam and for the rest of you who had to witness it. Situations like this can escalate so quickly, it's hard to believe that things can get out of control as fast as they do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's heart-breaking, Adam:( This has probably stayed with both kids to this day. Man, no wonder I hated high school....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sad. I hope that since bullying is more in the spotlight nowadays, kids will take these kinds of threats seriously and step in to help their fellow classmate before it gets to the point of punches being thrown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sad. I witnessed things like this when I was in high school. Always hated those bullies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy, I really hope your classmate was doing well after that incident and that it never ever happened again. I've seen fights in school, too, which was always scary cause I felt so helpless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good grief! That's awful! It's also scary to think what kind of adult Daniel grew up to be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with KAY...I'd want to stay out of Daniel's way when he's mad.

    ReplyDelete