Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Funny Story: Faux Flowers

 Near the start of Spring, I wanted to see if I could perhaps plant some flower seeds. So I get some that were suppose to be the Morning Glory flowers. I know very little about flowers, but I figured it couldn't be that difficult. So for months I've been watching it get taller and taller, but still no flowers. I wondered if I had gotten one of the dumbest flower varieties in the world. But not along ago I noticed something on the branches...

They were tomatoes... They're not red but still green. I had thought it looked oddly a lot like a tomato plant, but what did I know? So I figure either I got a flower plant with a mutated gene for growing a tomato-like fruit, or the company that made the seed packet are a bunch of idiots. I figure it's probably the latter. 

14 comments:

  1. Ha! Surprise!

    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least there was some growth. And you got some food out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the best story yet. I cannot believe you did not know you had a tomatoe plant. The two plants are so different. I love tomatoes so enjoy one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol if someone wants flowers, don't take you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha....well, at least u got some tomatoes:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm gonna guess the later as well. But on the flipside, hey, Tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's hilarious! At least you can enjoy the fruits of your labor with the tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I laughed so hard at this story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. O, and it reminds me of a story....when we first got married, I saw a pretty purple flower growing on a vine beside our first house. I watered it every day and it grew and grew...one day I showed it to hubs and he laughed and said, "that's a possession vine, and it will choke out any other plant...we have to pull it out."
    Sooo, there went my pretty purple flowers....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! Too funny! I have a friend who had a tangerine tree that she waited 10 years for it to fruit. When it finally did, she found it was a lemon tree.

    ReplyDelete