Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Once Upon a Time (TV Series) Season 3 Review

 When I first heard of Once Upon a Time a few years ago, I wasn't very interested. The concept seemed rather silly, and I didn't quite get it. But once I sat down and watched it, it didn't take long for me to become a big fan. I thought the second season was much better than the first, so I was excited to see if the third was even better.
 The story begins right where the previous left off, Henry was taken from Storybrooke by two outsiders. They use a magic portal to take Henry to Neverland, and the mastermind is Peter Pan. Henry's mother Emma thought Pan was suppose to be a hero, but is later told that the works of Peter Pan fiction their reality knew were wrong.  Even Rumpelstiltskin's magic cannot stop him, as they are equally powerful. 
 The second half deals with the other main antagonist Zelena, who wishes vengeance upon Regina. Even the (formerly) Evil Queen's dark magic is nothing against The Wicked Witch from the land of Oz. But her goals will affect everyone in Storybrooke, especially the town's greatest heroes.  
Overall I liked the third season a tad less than the second. The fights against Peter Pan and Zelena often were imbalanced and not very epic. Though I liked the new parts of Rumpelstiltskin's past, his redemption, and new characters like Ariel, Tinkerbell, and Glinda. Though I will say I personally hated when they ruined the happiness of one of the characters that really atoned for their previous evil history. 

13 comments:

  1. I tried watching but I don't like action and there was too much...running for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great one!

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The back to the future rip off ending episodes were fun, but yeah crummy end to Regina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still haven't picked up on this one...yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never watched it but I just might after reading your review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your review is so good, I need to watch this....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just started season 3 today, so I am skipping over the review in case of spoilers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this show and this was a pretty good season. I think my favorite character is Rumple though, I love him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven´t seen the whole 3rd season yet! I like this series very much. Kisses:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Once Upon a Time! I hope they don't make Elsa an evil character. My granddaughter would not be happy.

    ReplyDelete