Friday, September 19, 2014

Scotland Staying With UK

Voters in Scotland voted 55-45 to stay as part of the United Kingdom. While even though I'm sympathetic to those who want Scotland to be independent, things wouldn't have been as good as one might think. Scotland being it's own country would have a severe impact on its economy, along with other struggles in government and probably political drama on whether it should leaver or stay in the European Union. Typically any nation becoming independent would see issues like that, and would take at least a decade or two to return to stability. 

4 comments:

  1. I was a little sad when I woke up and heard the results, but I know in my head that you are right. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The people have made their choice. This is what they wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, I wanted this union to remain. Yeah for Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was rather surprised actually. I thought they would want their independence, but you're right. It would have been a challenge to start up again.

    ReplyDelete