Thursday, October 16, 2014

My Favorite Photos: Japan Honored in SC

 Like I mentioned, Daisy and I had a great time at the international festival, and Japan was the honored country for the year. The event was at a local park in the city, and like many events they decorated one of the statues. Except this time she's wearing a beautiful kimono and carrying the Japanese flag.
 Most nations had a small tent each, but since Japan got the honored country this year, they had quite a bit more space. The most obvious and my favorite was the drum. While some of the Japanese representatives were doing most of the music, some were invited to try. The main person pointed at me personally to give the drums a try. 
 I certainly didn't pass the offer up. Too bad I'm not a musician, especially with drums. But it was fun for the minute I got to give it a go. They also had a wishing tree near the drums as well. Like a wishing well, or birthday candles, you know it doesn't work but why not?
They also had shirts at the event, and since I love Japan I made sure to get them this year. Daisy wanted one too, and she was giggling that we were "twins". I'm not sure if we'll go next year, but I'm glad I didn't miss it this time. 

16 comments:

  1. Adam! You look grate!
    http://afinaskaterblogspotcom.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great!!! Kisses Lucy www.tpinkcarpet.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daisy looks like she was having fun, and you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you and daisy enjoying this national event. Looks very colorful. I played the snare drum when I was in the high school band. Now, that has been awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha that drum does look like fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a lot about Japan to admire. You guys make such a cute couple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Japanese drumming! Those big taiko drums are very cool but they take immense physical strength and stamina to play.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and Daisy do such fun things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounded like such a cool festival. You should totes do it every year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adam don't wanna work. He just wanna bang on the drums all day :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look like two secret agents in that last pic :)

    ReplyDelete