Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sad Story: Faith and Seafood

This one is actually a story that was told to me by my friend Amanda. She told me that many years ago she was a waitress for a seafood restaurant. In almost every corner of the country, it's very common for waiters to work on Sundays. Well one Sunday she waited on this family where the patriarch asked her "Why is a pretty girl like you working on Sunday, shouldn't you be in church?", and she basically let him know that she didn't believe in God. She told me she had to ask another waitress to switch tables, because after that the family wouldn't stop verbally harassing her. Also thinking back to his questioning, makes me think he's one of those "thou shalt not work on Sundays" people, yet he'll go out and create a demand for Sunday labor...

12 comments:

  1. Although this is sad, I try not to judge people because we just don't know them, and this is why I don't like to judge others based on the opinions of people. I like to make up my own mind about someone. There are still some stores here in Montreal that are closed on Sundays, and this is their choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobody should abuse anyone physically or mentally, and if I were the owner I would have made those people leave!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was not nice for the customers to do what they did. I think they the customer, had a problem as by what you wrote, they had no tolerance for a person who did not believe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish everyone could remember THE GOLDEN RULE....

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha one big fat hypocrite indeed. Or maybe he only thinks ugly people should work on sunday, pffft

    ReplyDelete
  6. very self-righteous people! how awful

    ReplyDelete
  7. This fellow sounds like the epitome of a hypocrite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was Jesus known to berate working people? Must check my bible!


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotta love it when someone tries to force their religious beliefs on another. I always had to work on their religious holidays too and when they would complain, I was the one who did point out if we didn't have people shopping there, then I wouldn't have to work. Usually shut them up pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete