Monday, March 9, 2015

Funny Story: German Marriage

I met a lady once at a place I worked at, that told me she just came back from Germany. She was married to a man in the military who got stationed over there. I took German in high school, so I could see myself enjoying my time there. She told me she didn't like that there weren't many English speakers (well duh), and Germany doesn't have any Waffle Houses. I asked her why she returned to America and she said "to get a divorce".  If she has a new spouse now (it's been almost ten years since then), I hope she loves him more than waffles. 

13 comments:

  1. If she has a new partner, maybe he loves waffles, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story. Sometimes that does happen, when you do not have your priorities in order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean they don't speak English in Germany? Who knew? Interesting that Germany is so close to Belgium, famous for waffles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waffles are pretty damn hard to beat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter's boyfriend's mom came from Germany. I love talking to her because I find her heavy accent so fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Germany is one of the locations I would like to visit the most. Waffles are great but I don't know if I'd rate them quite that high.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good man, good waffle? ... is that with or without bacon, and maple syrup?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! That's so funny! I'll bet there are more people in Germany who speak English than there are Americans who speak German.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahhaa...your cute personality just delights me...
    and, I've the feeling that if a poll was taken, women MIGHT choose waffles over husbands...hahhaaa....just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sad story. Germany however is one of the countries in Europe where many people speak English.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't even know what a Waffle house would be :) And I agree with Filip above. Europeans tend to speak English very well... even the common people....

    ReplyDelete