Friday, March 27, 2015

Harry Reid Is Going To Retire

The former Senate Majority Leader (now Senate Minority Leader) Harry Reid announced that he will be retiring from politics as he will not seek re-election in 2016. While his Senate leadership was not perfect, I think he did a good job countering the Tea Party/Republican opposition who went out of their way to see President Obama fail for political gain. After the mid-term election results in 2014, I figured it was time for Harry Reid to leave the Senate. I'd rather wish Nancy Pelosi would do the same in the House of Representatives. While most people don't ever notice the folks in Congress (which is sad), we need younger and sharper minds in congressional leadership. 

3 comments:

  1. Yay.....it was waaay past time for Mr. Reid to leave. Like you, I hope Mrs. Pelosi follows suite.
    I can't imagine ANYone not noticing the people and what they do and stand for in Congress. THAT is one reason our country is in considerable striff .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. He had a bumpy tenure as leader of the Senate, and I wish him well in retirement.

    ReplyDelete