Friday, March 27, 2015

Question: Greatest President?

I think all Americans will be asked or ponder this question once in their lives. As someone who knows American history very well, it's hard to say if any president was truly the greatest. Even popular choices like Abe Lincoln and Franklin Delano Roosevelt have had instances in their terms that would be subject to heavy criticism today. Like FDR and I on fiscal issues are very close, but I admit that I was very ashamed to learn of his role in the internment of Japanese-Americans. 

Do you have a favorite president?

9 comments:

  1. The president of now, he is wonderful, Barack Obama, he is number one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all a matter of perspective. I don't know your country's history very well, so I don't have an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being President is a big achievement but achieving this in a wheel chair is even more unique.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lincoln gets my vote. Their wouldn't be a USA as we know it if he hadn't kept the Union together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a clue, as all perspective indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kennedy was before my time, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lincoln or Washington, I think. They were both dealing with very difficult times. Then again, so is Obama right now.

    ReplyDelete