Saturday, March 7, 2015

Things I Hate: Water-Car Myth

Nobody likes what we see when we arrive to the gas station, but we stick with the fossil fuel anyway. I think everyone's heard of someone claiming that some guy made a car that ran on water. Sounds too good to be true, which is right because it's impossible. While water is made of hydrogen, the bond with oxygen basically got rid of its useful energy. Unless someone could make a very efficient mini-hydroelectric plant, I really doubt it. It would probably break some law of thermodynamics as well.  

12 comments:

  1. How wonderful it would be if cars could run on water. I do not even want one of the electric ones myself. I am happy with what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But wouldn't it be great if someone invented a car that ran on water?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already water shortages around, so probably not the best idea anyway. Solar power maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully something great comes along at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fear to think what the world would be like if we were able to use water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard of that particular myth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would be good but down here in Australia in many areas water is scarce.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And here I was thinking it would be such a great thing, but it's not like we have enough fresh water to go around either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since parts of the country (here in West Texas, for instance) are running out of water, I hope we don't ever have to depend on it for our cars....

    ReplyDelete