Saturday, April 11, 2015

About Time (2013 Film) Review

 I had heard about About Time awhile back, but the only reason I noticed it was because of Rachel McAdams. Ever since The Notebook, she's been the favorite person to place in romantic movies. Of course Daisy wanted to see this one, I also noticed that Rachel McAdams also played the wife of another time traveler in The Time Traveler's Wife.
 The story is more about the eventual husband, Tim Lake. His father tells him when he turns 21 that all the males in his family can travel back in time. The rules is that they can only travel back to moments they lived in the past, so he can't rub elbows with Napoleon Bonaparte or Queen Victoria. He also won't run into his past self as he basically appears as he was on that day. 
 This gives Tim the power to change anything he does. He falls in love with a girl named Mary through a blind-date. He later changes history to help out a friend, not realizing that it changed the day he met Mary. So he has to find her and make her fall in love with him from square one. 
I actually liked About Time more than I thought I would. It's not purely a romantic drama, as the father-son bond is also a major plot point. I'm also glad it's very much different (and more happier) than The Time Traveler's Wife. It was a bit boring at times, but I thought it was a good story for the most part. 

Score: B

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review Adam, I will check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this one and I enjoyed it, too. A lot more than I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw the preview for "About Time," I thought, "Why would she do ANOTHER romantic movie about time travel?" I would think she would have seen the script and say, "I've already done that. On to something else."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is really quite different from The Time Traveler's Wife. Though Daisy read me the preview summary one day and I thought she was talking about the movie I had already seen.

      Delete
  4. seems like a nice movie
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/03/belted-scarf.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to watch this, I like Rachel McAdams.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this movie. I liked it,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to watch the film, but I cannot stand Rachel's wimpy voice... she ruins every film for me with it

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just watched this one a few weeks back. I was quite bored with it. Definitely not one of her better movies.

    ReplyDelete