Monday, April 20, 2015

Norway To Be The First Country To End FM Radio

While countries in Europe and Southeast Asia are planning to have FM radio turned into a memory, Norway will be the first as it will be no longer running in 2017. Norway will use Digital Audio Broadcasting (aka DAB) for its radio stations, which is somewhat similar to HD Radio in America. Being a fan of newer and more advanced technology, I do like the idea. Though I don't know how radio has been in Europe, but in America it seems we may never wean ourselves away from outdated technology. Especially considering that DAB is much cheaper for radio stations than to keep their FM radio towers up. 

8 comments:

  1. Gosh! I didn't know this. I still listen to FM radio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, had no idea FM radio is outdated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Christine. I had no idea FM is outdated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new things, too and just never gave a thought to FM being behind the times...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I listen to Classical FM on my car radio.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of folks where I live are big into FM radio, still.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i still listen to FM radio too. then again i'm outdated. :)

    ReplyDelete