Friday, May 15, 2015

My Favorite Photos: Being Married

 I knew since I was very little that one day I would be married. Though you never imagine it like how it would eventually be. It didn't seem as surreal as I expected but I was glad for the moment to come. I was also glad we found the Unitarian-Universalist Church. They welcome all religious (and non-religious) viewpoints, so our minister had no problem helping an Agnostic and Buddhist get married.
The funny part of this is that Daisy had a hard time putting my wedding ring on. Ironically Daisy's wedding ring came with her engagement ring, and she's the only one who needs her ring to be re-sized. While you can't really see it from the picture, I chose a simple silver ring for my wedding band. I thought it was a good choice to represent my modest self, and that the love the ring represents is far more precious than any metal the ring could be made of. 

14 comments:

  1. we do prefer silver to gold! What's with the uber big bowtie, Adam? Is there some story behind it? Daisy looked lovely and happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need tissues, this is too sweet! Love your orange and Daisy's hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both clean up very nicely. Trust you will always be as happy as you are now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a former jeweler I know a trick to getting that ring on your finger; the knuckle is biggest when the finger is straight. Relax and let the finger bend a bit, and then slip the ring over the bent knuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, you are such a good guy. And I totally understand about the ring. Both my husband and I have very simple rings. Even my engagement ring is small and inexpensive. I don't really care for jewelry and I preferred something simple that I like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to the both of you. I think this is wonderful and thank you for sharing these beutiful photos. You two are a sweet couple and I wish you many, many years of happiness.

    Coincidentally my husband and I chose white wedding bands. My engagement ring came separately which was the way they were done in the UK 40 years ago. I am not sure how things are nowadays. I also had trouble getting his wedding band on. Our vicar said to us and to everyone in the church, the harder it is to get on, the harder it is to get off :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing these precious photos, Adam. I am so enjoying seeing them. I'm glad you found the perfect church. I wear only a plain silver band also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, for my sister it was hard also to put my wedding ring on hah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your great photos...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that you went modest with the ring too. Modest is always better than big and gaudy!

    ReplyDelete