Sunday, May 31, 2015

Politician in Pakistan Blames Jeans For Earthquakes

I spent plenty of time listening to religious people explain things that are easily over-turned by scientific evidence, but this story is one of the strangest cases. The leader of a right-wing and social conservative political party in Pakistan, Fazal-ur-Rehman blames recent earthquakes on nothing other than women wearing jeans.I hate to break it to Mr. Crazy, but women wear jeans all the time here in South Carolina and I can't remember the last time we had a bad earthquake.

8 comments:

  1. Hilarious Adam
    I think on a par with Sarah Palin who was unaware that Hawaii was a state of the Union and that the Russian Pacific fleet was based in Vladivostok!

    Maybe the Moose up there were not on speaking terms with her at that time - ha ha.
    They, the Moose population, probably would have known that the US purchased Alaska from the Russian Tsarist Empire in 1867 for the princely sum of $7.2 million.

    Ah the joys of the intelligence of politicans! They bring forth so much mirth.
    Cheers
    Colin (Brisbane. Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL- Just when you think you've heard everything!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are jeans heavier in his mind?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I better watch out! The next earthquake is bound to start in my closet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I blame jeans for sweating and for veggies :) Burn them! Burn them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There, politicians are nuts. I rest my skinny jeans.

    ReplyDelete