Friday, June 5, 2015

5 Things I Don't Miss About Being a Single Man

Now that I'm over a month being married already, I thought I'd mention the things I don't miss about being single. This photo was of me right in my senior year of high school, and I wasn't very happy love-wise back then.
5. Nobody to Watch TV/Movies With 
One thing I usually try not to watch alone is movies and TV shows. Having a second person with you is always better. Especially when you have your special someone watch your favorites before you got together. 

4. Nobody to Celebrate Holidays/Events With
After high-school, Christmas wasn't too special again until I met Daisy. Same thing with other holidays and events. I always hated going to a wedding with no date. Valentine's Day was even worse on that subject. 

3. Asking Women Out
I was never confident in that area, especially when I used to wear glasses. I always hated the fear of rejection as well. I mainly stuck to asking out women online, which limits your options. Not to mention all the crazy people that are on there. 

2. Dating
Asking women out can be stressful enough, but worrying about keeping a girlfriend can be even more so. That's one thing I never worried too much about Daisy though. We had a mutual understanding that neither of us wanted to end our relationship, and we rarely had any verbal-fights.

1. Being Lonely 
While some people like being the lone wolf, I didn't ever really like it. Having nobody in the world is always such a depressing feeling. Couples often refer to each other as "my other half" and that certainly seems to be true with us. I'm glad my wife makes me feel complete. 

19 comments:

  1. Adam that was the most beautiful sentiment, I can't think how it could have been expressed more beautifully, I think Daisy is a lucky woman and from what we have learned of her you are very lucky as well,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy for you, Adam, and for Daisy too, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you two found eachother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and so does my other half. :-). He said to tell you so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy that you are happy with her!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! I'm glad you two found each other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet post! I'm so happy you found each other.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww Adam, so men ARE happier married! Lucky Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post Adam, all the best to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very happy for you. Ken and I have been together for almost 25 years so I don't even remember what it was like to be single. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adam- This is just a wonderful, honest, touching post. God bless you and Daisy - I hope you have many, many, many happily married years sharing each other's lives! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your love for your sweet new wife just jumps right off the page here. I feel sure she loves you just as much.
    I wish you so many years of being together and loving each other.
    Do you live in the same town as your family? I know they all love Daisy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everyday will not be perfect, but with a strong love you two will do just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet of you. Daisy is a lucky woman:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet of you. Daisy is a lucky woman:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aside from the fact that this is a list, I love this post!! Thank you for keeping it real and honest. Daisy is a lucky lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad Daisy is there to help fill the gaps that were missing before!

    ReplyDelete