Friday, June 26, 2015

Canadians Told To Stop Flushing Goldfish

The flushing of unwanted fish is a not only a moral flaw, but for a part of Canada, a somewhat serious problem. Luckily for the fish, they survive going down the toilet and are now starting to flourish in Alberta. Officials are worried that so many goldfish (who are getting bigger in the new waters) could damage the delicate eco-system. They also advise against flushing dead fish as they might bring diseases and parasites to the area.

8 comments:

  1. People do silly things sometimes. Being a Canadian myself I can say that I know that many of us wouldn't even dream of flushing a fish down the toilet, but sadly, some do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as long as they don't flash baby crocodiles....

    ReplyDelete
  3. They say the same thing about old medication. But I'm starting to thing that most of the world could use some chilling out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew they survived, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why would they flush live fish? idiots

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea fellow Canucks were flushing LIVE fish down the toilet. That's awful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I once saw a wild goldfish 18 inches long. Maybe it was a koi.

    ReplyDelete