Thursday, July 16, 2015

My Favorite Photos: Star Lanes Bowling

 Now that we have our own bowling shoes, we haven't been too picky about where we go bowling. Star Lanes is a local bowling alley in our town, but it's on the other side of where we live. So I had never been, Daisy said the lanes were "old". Seeing the place did remind me of bowling lanes you'd see from a few decades ago in movies/tv shows.
 She was right in a way. The place had obviously gone through renovations, but they still had these really old computer screens. I heard back in the day, you'd had to write it all down on paper with pencil. So let's not complain. 
I'd played rather terrible. The lanes just felt different from what I was used to at our usual place. Daisy did about as well as she usually does. Though she was sad when I won the first game by just one point. 

17 comments:

  1. I haven't been bowling for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember paper and pencil scoring...eeps how time flies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you didn't say pebble and stone wall carvings, for keeping score.

      Delete
  3. I used to bowl on a weekly basis, not anymore! : (

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been bowling in ages. Never was very good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't bowled in years. But it was one of the first dates I went on with my husband, so it brings back fond memories. Yes, back in the day you had to write on paper with pencil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved to bowl when I was younger. Haven't been in forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great way to spend time together and have fun. I doubt I could even pick up a ball now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been bowling a lot lately, on my smart phone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smart to buy your own shoes with how much you both bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We used to bowl a lot and always had fun. I never was very good at it but Mr. Sweet was......and, yep...we kept score with paper and a pencil. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't mind if a bowling alley is old, so long as it is well maintained and the alleys are properly oiled.

    ReplyDelete
  12. she is sad when her hubby wins? What the what?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice place ! Bowling is one of my favorite game :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL! I used lots of those paper and pencil scoring sheets!

    ReplyDelete