Tuesday, September 1, 2015

My August 2015 Favorites

August is one of my favorite months of the year, mainly because my birthday falls on it. Though it's also one of the longest months of the year, and we made some good memories.

Favorite Film: The Fighter 
 The Fighter is based on a true story about two brothers. One of them is a washed up boxer with countless issues. The younger brother has the chance to end up just like his brother or to become a boxer everyone respects. While I didn't like the movie as much as critics did, I was really amazed by Christian Bale's acting in this one. 

Favorite Video Game: Bioshock Infinite
The first two Bioshock games are favorites of mine, and I was glad to see that the third game did not disappoint. This was the first not be set in the underwater city of Rapture but a floating city called Columbia. While I didn't like it as much as the first game, I enjoyed every minute of it. 

Favorite TV Show: Downton Abbey  
Now that I'm finally caught up with Game of Thrones, I really needed shows to make me forget that it will be many more months until we see the next season. I heard Downton Abbey was amazing, and it sure is a show I really have enjoyed. We already finished two seasons in one month, and we're now a little bit into the third season. 

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, or it was..............................

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bale can act pretty good sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit burned out on the fighter motif in movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got The Fighter mixed up with Foxcatcher. A creepy movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated Happy Birthday to you, Adam! Your first birthday as a married man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trust you had a good birthday. Nice we share the same month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping your birthday was wonderful. With Daisy by your side, I hope for many birthdays for you two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Downton Abby is so good, but it ticks me off quite often! Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete