Sunday, October 11, 2015

Funny Story: Church Shirt

When I was in middle school, my mother took us to a Methodist church and during our time there we went to some kind of church camp at the beach. They had this weird bachelor/bachelorette auction where whoever won got to dance with the person, and they also got a t-shirt too. I sat in the back of the audience so I couldn't see everyone's faces too well but one guy had nobody that was interested in dancing with him. Someone eventually shouted to the people running the thing "I'll give you five bucks for the shirt".  

11 comments:

  1. I feel sorry for the guy who no one wanted to dance with. Mind you, I'm not too good of a dancer any more so I would have been doing him a favor by buying the shirt to prevent me treading on his toes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bachelor/bachelorette auction. That is very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, that's sad! And such an insult about buying the shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh- i bet he has carried that with him his whole life...kind of like being the last one picked for a game....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor guy! I hope he eventually got a happy ending and a partner to dance with him for the rest of his life, so he could look back at that church party and laugh...em...well, it would be hard not to cry. But time heals, or so they say... (I'm not sure I believe that.)

    ReplyDelete