Sunday, October 18, 2015

Sad Story: Fish Hook

When we got my dog Zelda, she would often hang out in our old storage building which was about the size of a garage. We kept an old tackle-box out there because it was my dad's and he had passed away. My dog Zelda was awful about getting into trouble and managed to get inside a closed tackle-box. She ran back to the door to the house with biggest look of shame on her face. She had a fish hook in her mouth. I felt really bad for her, though the vet took it out not long after. He mentioned to me that kind of thing happens all the time with dogs. 

16 comments:

  1. Yep, dogs get into all kinds of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch, Orlin had a tack in his mouth once, thankfully he spit it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And they run to us for help! Much harder to help seal pups in the same situation, Adam









    ALOHA
    ComfortSpiral

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! They're just like kids. Always into something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad everything worked out okay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww poor baby!! I would have felt awful also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ow. My dog ate a loaf of wonder bread years ago. Plastic and all...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, poor puppy! Our dog Ginger got into a lot of trouble when she was young. She brought home the neighbors' shoes, gloves...and chickens, but never got into fish-hooks fortunately. Our neighbor was very long-suffering. We didn't know the chickens were his, so my father put an ad in the newspaper: "Found: red chickens. Call (our number)." Our neighbor called and said, "Hi, I saw your ad in the paper; are any of those chickens still alive?" Of course, they weren't. We payed him for the damages. [And then after his good old dog died, we put up with his next new puppy...] Why do dogs prefer to stay at their neighbors' homes?

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dog did that one time - scared me to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can only imagine how painful that must have been.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ouch! Poor thing. That must have been really painful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor thing! Dogs sure know how to get into things they don't belong in, don't they!?

    ReplyDelete