Thursday, October 29, 2015

Sad Story: Trick or Treating Age

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, and I remember going to the mall one year with my (now) wife Daisy. It was the same time all the kids went to the mall for the trick-or-treat. It was pretty amazing to see the crowds of costumes, but we went into one of the stores to look around and I overheard one of the clerks there talking to another person about two girls that I had just walked out. She said "that girl is TOO OLD to trick-or-treat" in one of the most hateful tones of voice I've ever heard. She might of been in 9th grade or 10th at most. Does it really irk you to see someone who's mom still has to drive them everywhere to have fun on Halloween? 

10 comments:

  1. If 9th or 10th graders want to trick or treating then let 'em. Life is so short and if they're having fun, being goof balls, then my hat is off to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO- it doesn't bother me at all. I'd rather see kids doing something like that at that age then hanging out with somebody doing drugs or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why should it matter? One year I dressed up and went trick or treating with my preteens. I was shorter than my son, I had a mask on and scored lots of great candy. We are never too old to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's never late to have a fun))

    http://anna-alina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're never too old to enjoy these events. I don't see what the big deal is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stopped going out when I was twelve, but I can't recall what grade that was.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My 5th or 6th grade daughter and her friend went trick or treating decades ago and was asked by one neighbor if they weren't too old to be trick or treating. They'd been all dressed up and having fun. That one comment really bothered them and they never went trick or treating again. It was so very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not one bit....one trouble with our country now is that every one wants kids to grow up too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The law says you are an adult at 18, so in my opinion, anything under that is fine. Kids could be doing a lot worse things then going out trick-or-treating. Just give them the damn candy without any lip. I'm cool with anyone at any age coming to my door for candy, but the adults better be dressed up if they expect some ;)

    ReplyDelete