Saturday, October 24, 2015

Things I Like: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (WiiU)

 I remember before The Wind Waker came out on Gamecube and it's original back-lash for its cartoony graphics. After it came out, most eventually liked the art-style and thought it was one of the best Zelda games ever made. My local library had the new HD version for WiiU, and since I had played Wind Waker at least three times I figured that would be my better option on playing the game.
 I don't have the endless hours I did when I was in 9th grade back in 2003, so I only got a few hours into the game before it had to be taken back to the library. It did bring back a lot of memories. They were mostly positive, but I did remember the sailing could be a chore, and I hated being sword-less in the Forsaken Fortress. 
But I did enjoy even those more tedious moments. The game has a few improvements besides everything being in HD. The most important is the gyroscopic controls if playing with the WiiU gamepad. The newest Zelda from what I understand is suppose to use the same system when it comes to aiming the bow and I thought it works pretty well. They also apparently made the Triforce Quest far less tedious but I was many hours from doing that again.  

3 comments:

  1. We're all fans of the Zelda games in our household. I've played many of them with my kids over the years, mostly when they were younger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just never got into playing electronic games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun, I only remember addicted to Mario brothers, LOL!

    ReplyDelete