Friday, November 27, 2015

Story: Childhood Fishing

 I was the youngest son of a father who passed away in his 40's, so I didn't get to spend much time with my dad. Though I do remember the first (and only) time he took my brothers and I fishing. I'm not sure what kind of lake or pond he took us to, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was only known by the people who lived nearby. My dad had a fishing rod and we had to share another rod.
We obviously didn't get a single fish that day, which is typical for children who don't know what they're doing. But I remember my dad not getting any fish either. I remember the lake being pretty muddy looking, so I didn't expect the fish to be super healthy under those waters. I do remember two guys standing side by side getting a lot of fish and wondering what their secret was. 

10 comments:

  1. Their secret could have been what bait they were using.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't eat much fish but here in Sicily there is a lot of fish and fishermen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice memory anyway, sorry about your dad though Adam, I think he would've been proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that you dad died so young. I'm glad you have some happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that your father died young, Adam. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Orange peel wrapped around salmon eggs always landed me a fish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A nice memory of spending time with your dad. I'm so sorry he died so young.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing yourself with us Adam

    Warm ALOHA,
    ComfortSpiral

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_('')

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww, that is MIGHTY young to pass away. So sorry. Maybe only 1 fishing trip for you with him but such a blessing that you can remember it.

    ReplyDelete