Saturday, December 5, 2015

My Favorite Photos: Climb Upstate

 I remember climbing a rock wall when one was brought for a day to our JROTC class in high school. I was never much good at it, but there is a local place called Climb Upstate that has sort of the same thing. I invited my brother Zach to tag along, which was a good idea because unlike the rock wall we climbed back then, the tether/harness required one person to hold the rope as one person climbed.
Even though I did slip once and the rope prevented me from falling, I felt uneasy about using it. I could climb the simple walls with plenty of courage. The more challenging ones led me to climb immediately back down. I wouldn't say we had a bad time, but this place is certainly more for fitness than fun. 

7 comments:

  1. Well, at least you tried it. I've never done anything like this and I'm not sure I'd want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Places like that drive me up the wall.

    Yeah, I'm sorry for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With my fear of heights, it'd be more entertaining than I'd want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd give it a try since I'm not afraid of heights, but I probably wouldn't be very good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those walls are hard! My hands get sweaty and it's hard to grip to keep pulling yourself up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like an interesting thing to try! I enjoy watching American Ninja Warrior every year, and some of the best athletes on that show are rock climbers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i lived in utah before, & my friend had me rock climb with her on the side of the mountain by my house. it was with the gear, repelling & everything. it was only ok for me. i do like the climbing on jungle gyms. yep that's how i roll.

    ReplyDelete