Friday, December 11, 2015

Random Photo: Dumb Dixie

I saw the Confederate Flag from far away when I first saw this Veterans Day float and I wasn't surprised as this is the South. These guys were dressed like as if they were Confederate soldiers from the 1860's. Get a close look and you can see why the South lost the Civil War. A lot of people are surprised how liberal I am since I was born and raised here. Perhaps it's because I realized that the South was rarely (if ever) on the right side of history.  

8 comments:

  1. People have tried to explain the history behind the stars and bars to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam
    If you are suggesting the gun barrel facing back to the two
    rather obese "soldiers" on the trailer could be a bit suicidal for the gunners, then you are correct. However, I just think that when this field gun has been loaded onto trailer - the gun barrel could be moved around!
    You should face some of the historical implications way back then - what has happened - has happened and that's it.
    B J Hunnicut aka Colin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why they want to celebrate losing the war seems strange to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why they want to celebrate losing the war seems strange to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a part of our history that should be celebrated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're as liberal as you are because you think rationally and deeply about issues, Adam.

    ReplyDelete