Monday, December 21, 2015

The Legend of Frosty the Snowman (2004 Film) Review

 The Legend of Frosty the Snowman is a sequel to the original that I had not really heard of until recently. The first was one of my favorite Christmas specials and even though I heard not-so-good things I had to see it. Perhaps it wouldn't be as bad as I expected?
 The movie is set in the town of Evergreen, where everyone follows strict instructions of the town's mayor and school principal. The town is so neat and orderly that it's a bit scary. A young boy named Tommy is the son of the Mayor, and Frosty the Snowman tries to find Tommy who needs the help of the jolly snowman. 
 Tommy and Frosty miss the chance to meet, but Frosty is seen by many in the town. He teaches everyone to relax and be human. Which eventually causes Evergreen to become plagued by the curse of "being normal". Tommy finds a comic book about Frosty and realizes that there's more to this situation than he ever expected. 
I actually liked this new Frosty way more than I expected. The first half is rather boring, but I thought the later-half was pretty good. I liked the twists in the story, and Frosty looks much better than he did in Frosty Returns. I just wish they did a better job in making the story make sense to the original. Frosty's past and present don't even remotely make sense if you remember the first tale. Is it really that hard for movie writers to remember? 

Score: C+

3 comments:

  1. Frosty is such a cute snowman! I really like watching Christmas films, they always make me happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure kids would enjoy this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I even never heard about this cartoon!))

    http://anna-alina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete