Sunday, February 7, 2016

Denver Broncos Win Super Bowl 50

 As a Carolina Panthers fan, I'm sad to say we lost to the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl 50. Denver's offense was weak, but their defense was strong as steel. Carolina had many chances to turn it around, but they had few and far between successes which couldn't close the gap. Denver was the better team  tonight, though I will say that their cornerback Aqib Talib should have been kicked out of the game for incredibly unsportsmanlike like conduct. This is the 3rd Super Bowl win for Denver, and Carolina is still at zero. Maybe next year?
I'll also say that Lady Gaga did an amazing job with singing the national anthem. Even though I'm a fan of her music, I was surprised by how much I liked her today. Apparently I'm not the only one to think so. The half-time show though was pretty boring in my opinion even with a lot of energy by the musicians. 

7 comments:

  1. That was quick?
    I picked the winner from below the Equator.
    The TV's were on the "game" in all bars - the "Grand
    Central", Brisbane in the CBD did a roaring trade as usual with the American supporters.
    Might be a double Broncos year with the Brisbane Broncos winning the ARL here?
    Not too much interest in the screens at the Sofitel Bistro
    and when Lady Ga Ga came on the TV's went off - "Lady" she ain't, "Ga Ga" she is.
    Anyhow I suspect Denver is in tumultuous raptures.
    As for the rules of the game, ?????
    Anyhow maybe next year for the supporters of other NFL
    team supporters.
    B J Hunnicut aka Colin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Coldplay and Beyoncé but that halftime show stunk!!
    Blah!!
    Military Husband hates Lady GaGa so you know he was thrilled when she started in singing Bahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate to hear Panthers lost, but that's the way it goes, (smile).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Panthers, but as they always say, "Defense wins championships".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was also rooting for the Panthers and was disappointed in the outcome, and I agree Lady Gaga did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did end up watching the game, missed Lady Gaga, will have to find it on youtube. The halftime show was enjoyable and good I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lady GaGa was fantastic ....I am not a huge fan of hers but she did an amazing job....and the half time show was one of the best. I did miss all the good commercials by Budwiser Beer, tho.

    ReplyDelete