Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Question: Where Were You in Life Ten Years Ago?

In the year 2006, I was in my last semester of high school. I was 17 and certainly not ready for the challenges of life ahead. I had a part-time job at a super-market which I quit shortly before I graduated. The next couple of years honestly were very painful to me, but it could have been worse. Imagine if I had a child out-of-wedlock (though that would have been hard since I never had a girlfriend at the time) or rushed into marriage like some of my peers. My climb in life was slow and frustrating, but I can imagine how much more difficult it could have been. I will say that it's sad in this advanced area of human society that we have so many people in 1st world countries that struggle to stay ahead.

Where were you ten years ago? 

12 comments:

  1. I was busy with my kids' activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I arrivd here to live in the countryside ::)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When your forty six, looking back ten years ago looks the same, just a different car. ha.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I was just starting my first year as an attorney! Seems like yesterday....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just came out of my midlife crisis. Whew, 52 looks a whole helluva lot bettah than 42!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 10 years ago I was 54 and living in Savage Md. I was doing pretty much the same things as now. During that year we took a walking vacation with The Wayfarers and walked the coast to coast walk in England. The best vacation I've ever had!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At my age, you do good to remember where you are at the moment. You seem to have done well for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband and I were still living in Montreal busy with my two daughters who were still very young. Ten years later and they're both on their own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband and I were planning our move back to Hawaii and renovating a home for us here. It was a year of very hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. between a rock and a hard place. not good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I think you have done really well..one of the most successful things in life is ending up with a mate that you love dearly and they love you right back. You and Daisy seem like you were made for ea other...and that is so much more than a lot of people can say. xo

    ReplyDelete